The East Burwood Junior Football Club is committed to an environment that promotes tolerance and fairness.
The East Burwood Junior Football Club supports and will enforce the Racial and Religious Tolerance Policies of the Eastern Football League. The board expects the following from those involved with the Club:
1. Abide by the Laws of the Game, Club Rules and League Rules;
2. Teach the Rules;
3. Group players competitively;
4. Aim to give all players equal playing time;
5. Maximise fun;
6. Stress safety always;
7. Develop team respect;
8. Recognise the importance of proper injury treatment;
9. Keep up to date with coaching developments;
10. Avoid derogatory language, for example based on gender or race and;
11. Shall not engage in aggressive player recruitment.
1. Play by the laws and rules;
2. Don’t argue;
3. Control your temper;
4. Be a team player;
5. Be a good sport;
6. Treat all players fairly;
7. Cooperate with your coach and teammates;
8. Play for fun and improvement;
9. Develop team respect;
10. Do not make ugly remarks, for example based on race, religion or gender.
1. Encourage your children to participate but do not force them;
2. Teach that honest effort is the victory for which the team strives;
3. Encourage them to play by the rules;
4. Never ridicule mistakes or losses;
5. Involvement is for the players enjoyment – not yours;
6. Children learn best by example – applaud both teams;
7. Recognise positively the contribution of voluntary officials;
8. Never publicly disagree with officials, raise issues of concern privately;
9. Support all efforts to remove verbal, racial or physical abuse, and;
10. Support your club officials to foster high standards of behaviour for our Club/League.